Ever since BUBUG started we’ve been pressing for better access to the towpath by University railway station. Plans have now been published to make things a bit better.
Make your views heard at the city’s cycle forum –
On Thursday 6th November, there will be a Cycle Forum taking place to inform cyclists on upcoming plans and give people the opportunity to discuss cycling in Birmingham.
This forum will be held at the Birmingham and Midland institute, at 9 Margaret Street, B3 3BS.
From 5:30pm – 6:30pm there will be a ‘marketplace’ with stalls for cycling organisations, social enterprises and a BCR consultation. Come along to find out what it going on and have a chat.
From 6:30pm – 8:30pm there will be a sit down session that will include:
– A general update on cycling activities in Birmingham (BCR)
– A 5 min extract from the Bicycle Film
– Centro presenting on their cycle parking hubs and Brompton docks
– Sustrans update on their Bicycle Account project
– Big Birmingham Bikes update
– Boldmere Bullets Cycling Collective talking about their activity in Birmingham
– 2015 programme of cycling events and activities
– Q & A session
Please email ‘cycling (at) birmingham.gov.uk’ if you would like to attend.