We’re not sure if these towpath closures are enforced as cyclists seem to find ways round the barriers with their customary initiative. The latest to be closed for Cycle Revolution surfacing is from Kings Norton Junction (where the North Stratford canal meets the Worcester & Birmingham) to Parsons Hill. The closure lasts from 27th July 2016 at 08:00 to 7th October 2016 at 17:00 inclusive.
The University’s safer route from the Vale to the Edgbaston campus is looking quite good – note this bold statement of a crossing of Elms Road:
Revised dates for replacement of the canal steps at University station have been published. Unfortunately a 6-week delay in starting means there will be still be disruption in term-time:
- Overall construction phase 08.08.16 to 17.11.16
- Towpath and access closure dates:
- 18.08.16 to 20.09.16 for the removal of existing access steps and closure of access, piling new waterway wall etc.
- 10.10.16 to 17.11.16 for installing the new steps and surfacing to newly widened
- The towpath will be re-opened for one day on 10th Sept for the pre-arranged Canal Canter event.