Revised dates for replacement of the canal steps at University station have been published. Unfortunately a 6-week delay in starting means there will be still be disruption in term-time:
- Overall construction phase 08.08.16 to 17.11.16
- Towpath and access closure dates:
- 18.08.16 to 20.09.16 for the removal of existing access steps and closure of access, piling new waterway wall etc.
- 10.10.16 to 17.11.16 for installing the new steps and surfacing to newly widened
- The towpath will be re-opened for one day on 10th Sept for the pre-arranged Canal Canter event.
BUBUG has been helping out at the University’s bike road shows but the feeling is that just representing cycling through locks, helmets and lights does nothing to attract new cyclists. We need to have enough of us thee to really engage passers-by in conversation, and make them think of cycling. The next roadshow is on Nov 27th. Contact Carole or Gareth if you’d like to help out. We’re buying a banner to help attract people to the stand and talk to us. Donations for the banner are welcome.
We noticed that the threatened chicane barriers between the Learning entre and Computer science never appeared after the Learning Centre reopened. We gather that the aim is to install something but that chicanes would bring cyclists and other users into too close proximity.
This is BUBUG’s new blog. With this off-campus discusson board UOB cyclists can read and comment on stories about what’s going on for cyclists on-campus, the good and the bad.